Advanced Norm & Ludlumᵀᴹ Model 3-97 Meter Training
This bundle includes our Advanced Norm Online Training course and our Tracercoᵀᴹ T-407 NORM Monitor-IS NORM Meter Training.
The Advanced NORM Training is comprised of three modules:
- Module 1 is the NORM Awareness Training where the learner is provided a basic overview of what NORM is, its hazards, and how to protect themselves.
- Module 2 is the NORM Worker Training, which covers basic safe work practices, including what PPE to use and what procedures should be implemented.
- Module 3 informs the learner how to manage NORM. Detection equipment, PPE requirements, procedures, transportation, and waste management are addressed.
After completing ALARA's Advanced NORM Training, the learner will:
- Know when and why NORM is a workplace concern
- Become familiar with NORM detection equipment
- Know the NORM PPE requirements for different work scenarios
- Know important NORM Procedures and how and where to implement them
- Know the proper characterization, management, and disposal of NORM waste
After completing ALARA’s Ludlumᵀᴹ Model 3-97 NORM Meter Training, the learner will know:
- The key components of the meter
- How the detectors function
- How to operate the meter
- How to inspect the meter before use
- How to interpret measurements and readings
It is recommended that you have your survey meter in front of you when taking this course